A clean and lubricated bearing will always spin better than a dirty one. The streets are full of water, sand, and a lot of dirt. All these get into the bearings. If you do not want to wake up one day, all psyched up to skate, and you find that your skateboard cannot move because of its bearings, you better lubricate bearings quickly. You need to lubricate bearing regularly as if bearing got stuck it may cause accident and may damage your board. We suggest always be with protective skate helmet on head while skating and grease bearing.
In this article we are going to review The Best Lubricant For Skateboard Bearings that will make your bearing spin better and enable your skateboard go faster and smooth.
You can use oil.
Although bearings lubricated with oils have a high speed, oils are subject to evaporation, making it serve less time than grease.
You can also use grease.
Although it is not advisable because it has a thickener added, which consists of metal soaps like aluminum and calcium.
Solid films are advisable in extreme situations where oil and grease cannot survive, and they should be treated as the last resort.
Editors Choice - Best Lubricant For Bearings
In our research, we found out that there are three lubricants for skateboarding that cannot compare with the rest. Take a look at them
Best Lubricant For Skateboard Bearings- Our Top Picks
- Oust Bearings Speed
- Liberty Oil
- Bones Speed Cream
- Green oil – SK8 oil –skateboard bearing lubricant
- Liberty oil
- Lubricating oil
Liquid Bearings Lubricant
- It has a secure bearing cleaning method
- Its kit comes with a washing container
- The package also has a bearing holder and a cleaning solvent
- It is ideal for skateboards, longboards, and scooters
- Oust Bearing lubricant is safe and effective
Manufactured from a straight chain of carbon molecules, this lubricant that Oust Bearings created will increase the velocity of your bearing while reducing wear on the boundary region. Never allow your bearings to stop rolling.
- It has a cleaning kit which comes complete
- the fastest method for cleaning bearing
- it is easy to use
- kit is poorly designed
- the plastic bottles carrying the oil are easy to squeeze
- 100% synthetic outperforming all other oils on the market
- It comes with a 60–day return policy if you are dissatisfied with the product
- The bottle has a Stainless steel needle tip used as an applicator
- Liberty oil lubricates and cleans wheel bearings
- It is safe for plastics and painted surfaces
- It performs a wide range of applications
- This lubricant is lightweight
This 100% synthetic oil comes in a bottle with a stainless steel needle tip dispenser. With its full percentage in the artificial level, it is not comparable to any other lubricant in the market. I have used this lubricant on my Cal 7 skateboard. The oil has friction modifiers that act like tiny ball bearings to reduce friction and wear.
- Can be used for camera lens
- Can be used on many things
- The long needle eases applying
- Color of the real bottle does not match the photo
- It is formulated for skate bearings
- It is lightweight
- It enhances speed on your bearing
- It protects bearings from sand and water
- Makes your bearings last long
- Gets maximum speed out of the bearings
- This lubricant can is suitable for fixing rust
- Can be used on other parts like door locks
- It also sets hot wheels
- It comes with a warranty that protects them against manufacturing defects
To reduce friction, you will need this Bones Bearing Speed cream. It provides durable microfilm of lubricant to protect against corrosion and makes your bearings to roll faster with less wear.
- The wrong bottle makes it hard to put lubricant on the bearings
- Cannot be used on heavy machines
- 100% biodegradable
- Environment friendly
- Made with plant–based substances
- Non–toxic. It will not accumulate in your body
- This oil is skin–friendly
- Packaged with recycled bottles to reduce pollution
- This green oil gives high performance