A clean and lubricated bearing will always spin better than a dirty one. The streets are full of water, sand, and a lot of dirt. All these get into the bearings. If you do not want to wake up one day, all psyched up to skate, and you find that your skateboard cannot move because of its bearings, you better lubricate bearings quickly.
You need to lubricate the bearing regularly as if the bearing got stuck it may cause an accident and may damage your board. We suggest always be with protective skate helmet on the head while skating and grease bearing.
In this article, we are going to review The Best Lubricant For Skateboard Bearings that will make your bearing spin better and enable your skateboard to go faster and smoother.
What Can You Use To Lubricate Skateboard Bearings?
You can use oil.
Although bearings lubricated with oils have a high speed, oils are subject to evaporation, making it serve less time than grease.
You can also use grease.
Although it is not advisable because it has a thickener added, which consists of metal soaps like aluminum and calcium.
Solid films are advisable in extreme situations where oil and grease cannot survive, and they should be treated as the last resort.
Editors Choice – Best Lubricant For Bearings
In our research, we found out that there are three lubricants for skateboarding that cannot compare with the rest. Take a look at them
Liberty Oil, 4oz Bottle of The Best 100% Synthetic Oil for Lubricating Skate Board
- Protects, Cleans, and Lubricates Wheel Bearings
- 4oz Bottle of 100% synthetic lubricant
- Comes with 1.5 inch 18 gauge stainless steel Pharmaceutical grade applicator.
- Safe to use on plastics and painted surfaces
- Engineered to perform in a wide range of Applicati
Bones Speed Cream Skate Bearing Lubricant
- Bottles of Bearing Lubricant
- Makes your bearings faster
- Makes your bearings last longer
- Bones Speed Cream has a lifetime warranty which protects them against manufacturing defects.
Oust Bearings Speed Clean Kit – Citrus Cleaner Included
- Fast, simple, and easy bearing cleaning method.
- Kit Includes: Washing container, Bearing holder, and cleaning solvent
- Ideal for; Skateboards, Scooters, Longboards, Inline skates, Penny boards
- Orange oil citrus cleaner is a safe and effective alternative to harsh/hazardous chemicals.
- Made in the USA
Best Lubricant For Skateboard Bearings- Our Top Picks
- Oust Bearings Speed
- Liberty Oil
- Bones Speed Cream
- Green oil – SK8 oil –skateboard bearing lubricant
- Liberty oil
- Lubricating oil
- Liquid Bearings Lubricant
1. Bones Speed Cream Lubricant
Bones Skate Bearing Lubricant Features
- It is formulated for skate bearings
- It is lightweight
- It enhances speed on your bearing
- It protects bearings from sand and water
- Makes your bearings last long
- Gets maximum speed out of the bearings
- This lubricant can is suitable for fixing rust
- Can be used on other parts like door locks
- It also sets hot wheels
- It comes with a warranty that protects them against manufacturing defects
To reduce friction, you will need this Bones Bearing Speed cream. It provides durable microfilm of lubricant to protect against corrosion and makes your bearings roll faster with less wear.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty
- Makes the bearings longer lasting.
- The wrong bottle makes it hard to put lubricant on the bearings
- Cannot be used on heavy machines
FAQ On Bones Speed Cream Lubricant
- Can I use it for rollerblade bearings?
Ans: Yes, you can
- Should we use it for rusty bearings?
Ans: It doesn’t fix the rust. First fix the rust, then use the lube.
2. Liberty Oil Skateboard Bearing Lubricant
- The plastic bottles carrying the oil are easy to squeeze
- 100% synthetic outperforming all other oils on the market
- It comes with a 60-day return policy if you are dissatisfied with the product
- The bottle has a Stainless steel needle tip used as an applicator
- Liberty oil lubricates and cleans wheel bearings
- It is safe for plastics and painted surfaces
- It performs a wide range of applications
- This lubricant is lightweight
This 100% synthetic oil comes in a bottle with a stainless steel needle tip dispenser. With its full percentage at the artificial level, it is not comparable to any other lubricant in the market. I have used this lubricant on my Cal 7 skateboard. The oil has friction modifiers that act like tiny ball bearings to reduce friction and wear.
- Can be used for camera lens
- Can be used on many things
- The long needle eases applying
- The color of the real bottle does not match the photo
FAQ on Liberty Oil for Skate Bearings
- Can I refill the bottle?
Ans: Yes, you can
- Can I use it for high-speed skateboard bearings?
Ans: Obviously, you can. It works perfectly
- Is it suitable for quad and roller skate as well?
Ans: Yes, it is.
3. Oust Bearing Speed Lubricant
- It has a secure bearing cleaning method
- Its kit comes with a washing container
- The package also has a bearing holder and a cleaning solvent
- It is ideal for skateboards, longboards, and scooters
- Oust Bearing lubricant is safe and effective
Manufactured from a straight chain of carbon molecules, this lubricant that Oust Bearings created will increase the velocity of your bearing while reducing wear on the boundary region. Never allow your bearings to stop rolling.
- It has a cleaning kit which comes complete
- the fastest method for cleaning bearing
- it is easy to use
- The kit is poorly designed
FAQ on Oust Bearing Lubricant
- Can I use again the juice thing?
Ans: Yes, you can
- For what size of bearings?
Ans: It is for 8mm bearings
- Have I needed to buy lubricant separately?
Ans: Yes, it comes with no lubricant
4. Green Oil -SK8 Oil – Skateboard Bearing Lubricant
- 100% biodegradable
- Environment friendly
- Made with plant-based substances
- Non-toxic. It will not accumulate in your body
- This oil is skin-friendly
- Packaged with recycled bottles to reduce pollution
- This green oil gives high performance
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: SK8 Oil reduces friction and enhances acceleration and mobility. Green Oil’s award-winning formula penetrates, lubricates, and protects skateboard bearings and quad skate bearings.
- NATURAL FORMULA: SK8 Oil uses all plant-based ingredients instead of paraffin and PTFE.
- BIO-DEGRADABLE: Green Oil SK8 is a great eco-friendly lube, free of harmful petrochemicals that can harm the environment and aquatic life.
- NON-TOXIC & SKIN-FRIENDLY: SK8 formula is non-toxic and skin friendly. The formula does not build up on skin or damage it, which is a huge plus compared to many other competitor lubes with skin care clauses to watch for.
- ENVIRONMENT SAFE PACKAGING: The lube comes packaged in 100% recycled plastic bottles, where each bottle could be a totally different color.
Made with plant-based substances, the Green SK8 oil can be used to lubricate both your skateboard and quad skates. It is 100% biodegradable hence environmentally friendly.
It may be applied to the bearings of your skateboard wheels used for street.
- Suitable for a wide range of equipment
- Does not destroy skin
- It is non-toxic and environment friendly
- It is not ideal for heavy machines
FAQ on SK8 Green Oil
- Is it especially designed for skateboard bearings?
Ans: Yes, it is.
5. Horace Whitloc Lubricant Oil
- This oil will bring out the full potential of your bearings
- It is perfect for both ceramic and steel bearings
- The Horace Whitloc will thoroughly lubricate your Micro Ball Bearings, the cage, and the races
- It’s a long-lasting lubricant
- Protects bearings from rust and corrosion
- Comes with a 4-inch blunt needle that allows you to grease your bearings
This oil is perfect for high-speed moving parts since it has been tested for over ten years. It can correctly be used on bicycles, skateboards, clocks, and music boxes. It is suitable for moving parts that require long life.
- Takes a long to grease again since it lasts long
- Brings out all the hidden potential of your bearings
- No cons for this product
FAQ on Horace Lubricating Oil
- Does it work with steel and ceramic bearings?
Ans: Yes, it does
- Can we use it for multiple purposes?
Ans: Yes, you can use it for skateboards, bicycles, fishing reels, etc.
6. Liquid Bearings, SUPERIOR 100%-Synthetic Oil For Lubrication
- This oil does not retain dust and dirt on your bearings
- It is safe for plastics and painted surfaces
- Does not have odor hence comfortable to use
- Comes with a long needle to help with applying
- It is 100% synthetic thus environment friendly
- Superior for all types of a skateboard bearing
- 100%-synthetic lubricant, perfect for all typewriters
- Immediately begins to displace old petro-oils or sprays.
- Excellent corrosion prevention for any metal surfaces.
- Essentially odor-free, a pleasure to use!
- Includes both 1/2" AND 1-1/2" needles, each with tip scabbard!
This oil from Liquid Bearing is superior for all lubricating you need. It also prevents corrosion and is odor-free, making it a pleasure to use. Unlike petro-oils and lubricant sprays, liquid bearings oil does not leave sticky deposits when they evaporate. Perfect for adults skateboards bearings.
- This oil never becomes gummy or sticky on surfaces
- Makes parts move together again like they are new
- It continues to lubricate where it is has been applied for a more extended period
- Can also be used to remove doorknobs, rusty tools, and hinges
- The oil does not come in bigger bottles
FAQ on Liquid Bearings
- Does this work perfectly with skateboard bearings?
Ans: Yes, It helps to make your board smooth and faster.
- Can I use it on other bearings, like a sewing machine, fishing reel, etc?
Ans: Yes, you can
7. Liberty Lubricating oil
- Can be used to replace petroleum-based lubricants and sprays
- This oil is synthetic and reduces friction between moving parts
- It is used on plastics and painted surfaces
- The product comes with a return policy
- It has a needle tip made of stainless steel for easy oil application
- The bottles made of a soft plastic bottle are easy to squeeze
Another type of Oil from Liberty, which is the best 100% synthetic oil, and this property makes it outperform all other oils on the market. The oil contains two friction modifiers that protect the metal and at like a ball bearing to reduce friction. Overall, it is a good lubricant for skateboard bearings.
- No mess, no waste since it has a needle tip for easy application
- Once applied, it is long-lasting, hence takes a long time to re-apply oil
- It is perfect especially for skateboard bearings and clocks
- It is an excellent lubricant
- The tip of the needle is too large. It removes more oil than needed leading to wastage
FAQ On Liberty Oil
- Is it the same Liberty oil that is discussed before?
Ans: No, it is different. The first one is fully specialized for skateboard bearings
How To Apply Cream lubricant to Skateboard Bearings
Frequently Asked Question ( FAQ)
1. Can you use lube for skateboard bearings?
Lubes like chain lubes can also be used as a bearing lube. If you are riding in us, I would recommend white lithium grease but only put enough. If you put a lot, the bearings will be slow.
2. What kind of lubricant should I use for skateboard bearings?
You can use oil or grease. However, it is advisable to use oil, especially the ones with low viscosity. Some of the edible oils suitable for skateboard bearings are the Bones Speed Cream Skate Bearing lubricant and Boca Bearings High-speed oil.
3. Can I use olive oil to lube my bearings?
It is not advisable to use olive oil. However, if it is the last lubricant you can get, use it instead of using a solvent
Can you use Vaseline on bearings?
Vaseline is not a good bearing lubricant. I would recommend using a regular bike grease that you can get in a repair shop.
Do not let ungreased bearings stop you from showing off your skating skills. Go to the shops, the internet, make calls, and ask friends to help you get lubricant for skateboard bearings. After that, make all the effort of lubricating them, and they will be back on track. An easy task and you will be good to go with your skateboard.
We tried to list the best lubricant for skateboard bearings available in the market. Lubricating bearings are important as it enables the wheels to go smoothly and faster. For a better riding experience and for convenience cleaning and greasing the bearings are mandatory.
Boards Rider publish skateboard, hoverboard & all types of boards related content. We want to help user and reader for this game.