Despite its growing popularity among the younger generation, hoverboards can be a tricky device, acting up often. It is built up with motors, batteries, gyroscopes, and many other sensitive parts to perform well. Because of its multiple complex components, it is difficult to troubleshoot the slightest problem and you may not know how to fix it.
Among many potential problems with hoverboards like loose cable connection, circuit malfunction, sensor malfunction, wheels motor problem, battery faultiness, etc. there is an important problem that resists the hoverboard to perform at its best.
One side of the hoverboard not working is a common problem; however, it’s not as bad as both sides are not working. Riding a hoverboard on an uneven surface like riding on grass or gravel or mud can cause the problem.
The good thing is that you can fix this issue in the comfort of your home with absolutely no hassle.
In this article, we will go through the reasons for the problem and also will tell you how to fix the issue.
Read on to learn how to correct not working one side of the hoverboard.
How do you fix a hoverboard that only works on one side?
- Check for loose wires
- Replace Gyroscope
- Replace Circuit Boards
- Replace Wheel
- Buy New Hoverboard
Reasons for one side of hoverboard not working
One of the most common hoverboard issues is the malfunctioning of one side of the hoverboard. When your hoverboard has this problem, you should find the cause of the problem.
- The problem may be a wheel motor that has gone out. However, cases of wheel motors going out are rare. This is because motors in hoverboards are pretty sturdy.
- The main reason for the problem is a faulty gyroscope.
- The motherboard has nothing to do with the problem.
The gyroscope is a vital component of your hoverboard. This is the part that enables you to maintain balance and tilting while riding the hoverboard. The gyroscope makes it easy to go forwards, backward, or sideways with your hoverboard while maintaining balance at the same time.
Gyroscopes can be male or female and knowing what gender yours is can help you solve some hoverboard problems. All-terrain hocverboards normally contains male gyroscope.
Let’s look at how to determine whether your gyroscope is male or female.
- Male gyroscope: Male gyroscopes are the most common type of gyroscopes on the market. To figure out whether your gyroscope is male or female, you’ll have to consider the number of receiving ports your gyroscope has and see if a wire harness is present on it. If you notice two receiving ports on your gyroscope and a wire harness leaving it, your gyroscope is male.
- Female gyroscope: Unlike a male gyroscope, female gyroscope has more than two receiving ports and no harness leaving it.
Checking & Fixing The Problem
You must follow the steps below to find where the problem has occurred actually.
- Check Wheel Motor
- Check Gyroscope And Fix The Issue
- Check Faulty Light & Fix It
Replace Wheel Motor
If one side of your hoverboard has stopped working, you don’t have to go through the trouble of getting a technician to fix the issue. Check your wheel motors and see if they aren’t out. If they are out, fix them. Although wheel motors on your board rarely go out, checking is worthwhile.
Fixing The Problem Caused By Gyroscope
To solve the problem of the hoverboard not working on one side, you have to find the actual reason behind the problem. Check the gyroscope first to find out whether it has gone out of service. See the gyroscope is working or not.
You ought to replace your gyroscope if the problem is in the gyroscope. To do that, you will need to know whether your gyroscope is male or female. It is essential to replace the faulty gyroscope with a perfect gyroscope. Otherwise, it won’t be resolved.
- To fix the issue of one side of the hoverboard not working, replace your bad male gyroscope with a perfectly working male gyroscope if the gyroscope is male.
- You should replace a bad female gyroscope with a female to fix a single side of the gyroscope not working. If the cause of the problem is the wheel motor, you’ll have to fix the motors, and your faulty hoverboard side will start working again.
How To Fix The Problem Identified By Fault Light Test
You should use fault light checks for the correct identification of hoverboard issues.
- If the red-light flashes one time remove the main cover of your hoverboard and disconnect and then reconnect cables or jacks in the hoverboard, as the chances are that there are loose connections in the hoverboard.
- If the red-light flares two or three times, there is an issue with the internal circuity. Unfortunately, you cannot fix this issue quickly. You’ll have to purchase a new circuit board and replace it. The red light flashing four times indicates that there is an issue with the internal motor on the motherboard side. To correct the issue, you’ll have to replace the faulty motor.
- If the red light gleams five times, there is probably an issue with the motor (internal) on the battery side. To fix this issue, you will have to replace the faulty motor with a perfectly working one. Your hoverboard battery is faulty if the red-light flashes six times. To correct this problem, you should replace the faulty battery. Overuse of Bluetooth music can cause battery problems. Use a good hoverboard for Bluetooth facility to prevent the problem.
- Seven or eight times of gleaming red light indicates that there is an issue with your hoverboard gyroscopes. You can replace the faulty gyroscopes with new ones. However, it is highly recommended that you get a complete circuit board replacement kit.
The leading cause for not working the hoverboard’s one side usually is bad gyroscopes, so you’ll need to replace them. You may prevent the problem by taking measures before the problem arises. Always try to maintain the hoverboard. Don’t extra charge the board. Don’t ride on rough places if it is not off-road one. Try to get a good hoverboard at an affordable price available in the market.
Boards Rider publishes skateboard, hoverboard & all types of boards related content. We want to help users and readers with this game.